Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas To All

Since my to-do list isn't shrinking as fast as I would like to, I probably will not get to posting on my blog until after Christmas. So I wanted to leave you all with these words that came to me in a Christmas letter today.
All the following was written by Lloyd Johnson~
What do you suppose the "great company of the heavenly host" meant when they spoke to the shepherds at Bethlehem at the birth of Jesus? "Glory to God in the highest" seems clear, praise to the God of the heaven for His entering our world. But what about "and on earth, peace to men on whom his favor rest." Luke 2:14 Perhaps it means that even in the midst of hurricanes, tsunamis, war, illness, the struggles of life' He brings shalom- underlying peace, well-being, and wholeness. We His followers are ultimately OK because of Immanuel-God with us. "My shalom I give to you", Jesus said.
So to you, Shalom and Merry Christmas! (not "happy holidays" :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your thought Shannon! My to-do list is still quite long as well. DH is home soon and then I'm off to run some errands and bake and scrap the night away! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Amen! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

YES indeed. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthdy to our dear Lord!
Your words warmed my heart!

Jana said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Shannon. Hope your holidays were wonderful!