Monday, December 12, 2005

Tree Trimming Time




We put up our tree this weekend. It was the first year I let the kids put up all the decorations...can you tell ;). After they went to bed I rearranged them...so the tree looks a lot better than in this picture. I didn't think they would noticed that I switched things around...But Emery said this morning "Hey mom, that's not where I put the heart..." Oops, caught. Anyway. They had fun! I had fun...I just set my "Martha" side of me aside...It's a family tree and it should look that way. (are you proud of me mike?)

Ty had fun dressing in our Tree Skirt...What a sweet Chris Cringle. (spelling?)

Now I have to get our Christmas Card designed and out in the mail.

Off to go create! (and do laundry...Joy!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the kids did a great job on the tree!!! I've stopped obsessing about my tree and however it turns out is fine w/me. My kids aren't that in to decorating it anymore though, so enjoy this time.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Have to say...you are a better woman than I! I still have to make sure they spread the decorations around!:)I think that I successfully taught them this year that they have to find an unoccupied branch to put their ornament on! Seeing how I am a complete control freak I don't see myself ever being fine with "however it turns out"! But miracles can happen...

K

Anonymous said...

Don't ever underestimate the memory of a child, they don't forget anything, especially how the decorate the tree. I remember well how all my kids decorated and how I wanted to change things around. Did I do that to you?
TY is looking pretty cute in his outfit. I guess you don't have to worry about Piper crawling to the tree and getting the decorations this year.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

you are SUCH a good mommy!!! love the tree.... looks so... original! lol
Sherry