Monday, December 19, 2005

{Random Ramblings}



I know I should be posting something Christmasy (tis the season) But my creative Muse hit me last night and I had to finish this layout...and therefore share it with you. When the Muse (whatever that means) hits I must create, since it doesn't hit me all the time. I'm starting to think it's an hormonal thing (but I wont go into detail).

Another thing that's been on my mind the last week is my little business. It's the start of the Wedding Planning season. The time where brides start thinking of their invitations. Time for me to start trying to get my name out there to get their business. Here's my dilemma; My first year in business a couple of ladies in my town put on a Wedding Fair. It went really well and I got some really good business by participating. The second year they had to cancel it, therefore my wedding invites orders went down (this is the money maker of my business). They did however say they were planning to do one this winter. I contacted them last week and they are not planning on doing it again. I am so bummed.
There is however a show in the next,much larger, town in the first week in January. It would be such good exposure for me and open me up to a larger clientele. Also, I would probably be the only Invitation Designer there. I contacted them and they want close to $500 for a booth. Money my little business doesn't have right now. Man I wish I knew we weren't having a bridal fair in our town ahead of time so I could have saved for the big one. O'well, just kicking myself for that.
I have been thinking about maybe doing a mini-show myself with some friends I have in the wedding business...but in the long run, would it be less money than the $500 for the Big Show? And less exposure? O'well, we'll see what this year has in store for Defining Details.
Hey, if you know anyone getting married in the need for invites, send them my way!!! Shameless plug I know!
Oh, and a big shout out to Miss Lisa W. and the rest of my Yakima crew. Thanks for all the business this past fall and to come!!! Keep having babies ;).

Okay that's my ramblings today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet LO! She makes my heart smile too!

K

Anonymous said...

SPLENDID< GAWJESS layout!

Emily *etyner at 2peas* is getting married soon. I'll say something to her!!

SHerry

Anonymous said...

Precious. I love her smile.
Michelle