Sunday, December 11, 2005

Things that make you go hmm....

Remember that saying? Arseno Hall used to say it on his Late Night show. (by the way...we have 2 degree's of seperation from him...but that's another story)
Anyway...today's sermon at church was really good. It was titled "Going the Distance". It was about having faith in Jesus even through the hard times...fighting the good fight....
One quote our pastor said that really hit me was "The difference between Happiness and Peace is; Happiness is manipulated by your circumstances, and Peace is finding calm even during turmoil." I loved that definition! And I sat there thinking I Have that Peace and calm. I know I do, although I really cant say I have had much Turmoil in my life. Pastor Dave also said that he wasnt making a prediction, but he could pretty much gaurentee that some of us will face hardship during this holiday season. And will we fight the good fight, find that calm...and still celebrate the season.

So on our way home from church...our Car completely freaks out. Transmission wigs, speedometer brakes, engine dies!!!! We're assuming this wont be a cheap thing to fix. I'm finding my peace and calm place...Merry Christmas ;) Not exacltly what Mike and I had in mind for a Christmas gift to each other. But that's not what its about is it?
Things that make you go hmm....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Major bummer! Isn't it great that God knows just what we need when we need it! Even though you didn't want you car to die two weeks before Christmas...He gave you (through Pastor Dave) the way to deal! What an awesome God we have!

Anonymous said...

Oops...that was me.

K

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I really hope it's a quick, inexpensive fix for you...I found your blog through Sherry's and have been lurking a bit...what a perfect sermon for this time of year! And I'd love to hear the Arsenio story. Back in the day, I thought he'd be a kick sitting at my kitchen table having a cup of coffee, just dishing.