Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Baby Dylan!


Two years ago tonight, my friend Angela and I were sitting in her living room watching a movie. Her husband Darrin and Mike were at our house watching a movie. Strange I know, but I think it had something to do with us wanting to watch different movies, our kids at home sleeping and Angela wanting someone to stay close to home in case they got a call. Well, it was late and a message came through on Angela's Cell phone. She checked it and it was a message saying their Birth Mother was in the hospital about to deliver. It was a frantic few minutes of getting Darrin home from our house and getting things thrown in the car for their five hour drive.
At the same time my car got stuck in the couple of feet of snow blocking their driveway. Thankfully, I got it out of their way so they could leave. But Mike had to get our neighbor to come over and watch the kids while he came out and pulled me out of the snow.
But enought about me! This is about Dylan! What a blessing he is! Happy Birthday little man.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
I LOVE IT! What a memory we have to share. That night was a night that will never be forgotten and I am so glad that you were there with me.
I am so thankful that your family is such a huge part of our lives.
I love you!
Ang

Anonymous said...

What a little cutie!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Your a great friend Shan!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dylan!!!! What a cute little guy!

Jana said...

What a little sweetie. I have a Dylan to so I'm a bit impartial to that wonderful name! ;-)