Sunday, January 08, 2006

I think It Paid Off!

Whew...I just got back from the Show...and it was awesome!!! I got a great response! Better than I imagined. I came home with six Design Consultations booked for the next three weeks! And lots of prospects of more!! I'm trying not to get that overwhelmed feeling!
I do have to say first off I could not have done this successfully without the help of my close friend Cassandra!! She saved me. When we first got there I was so excited...to the point that I felt a little paralyzed. I couldn't figure out where to put things...how to design the back drop...all that stuff. Cassandra just stepped up and took over (she says she's bossy...but she's not...she just knows her stuff!!) It was awesome! She knew exactly where and how to display it all. I think it turned out cute. I will say that next year (and I so hope to do it next year) I will invest in a better backdrop or at least have my handy dandy husband make me a better one. I felt mine looked a little too home-made compared to everyone else...but hey, that's what you get with one week notice.
Here are some pictures...(Cassandra took better ones...but we'll see if she ever downloads them off her camera ;) Just kidding my friend!!!

Oh, and I was the only invitation designer there! They put me in the foyer right in the middle of an Amazing Cake girl and the Tux shop (very popular booth)



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY BUCKETS SHANNON!!!!!!
It looks fab! Congrats, how exciting for you! I pray for you that it all works out for the best, and I am sure that it will! Way to go Cassandra!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Shannon!
I am so excited for you!
Ang

Anonymous said...

Shan, I'm so proud of you! Your stuff looks great! I'm so excited to hear all the "details"! You ROCK! So glad you decided to go for it! Props to Cassandra for being there to support you!

Kristie

Anonymous said...

Way to go Shannon!!! So glad Casandra could be there with you to help out. I am so glad you had this opportunity and I hope it pays off for you.
I love the layout.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I KNEW you'd knock their socks off!! (and your display looks awesome!!)

Jamie

Daisy Bucket Designs said...

Shannon was awesome. I was proud to be there with her to show off her amazing work. It isn't hard to make the invitations shine.. when the designs are so AWESOME! Many brides will start their events off with style by using Defining Details!!!!
Thanks for letting me share in your excitment and for the kind words! I really have to get those pics to you though! :)

Cassandra

Jana said...

So glad the show was success for you! Your booth looks great and with each show you do, you'll make changes and like it better & better.

Tracy said...

Shan this looks awesome! You are the BEST designer I know ... and I know from experience. I think I had the most gorgeous wedding invitations ever! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

S~It looks great. We planned to head down and see you on Sunday but some things came up. Congratulations on a successful event.
-Lisa