Friday, January 27, 2006

Somebody Get this Girl a Clipy!


Mike said she has hippy hair in this picture. I look at this picture and am shocked at how much older she looks. (totally greiving over the fact she's almost a year).
I remember when I had Emery, my friend Stacy, who at the time had two kids a little older than mine (now she has a third), told me that when her kids hit 11 months she noticed a huge serge in learning and developing in them. That has been so true with all of my kids too! And Now that Piper is 11 months old I am noticing new things she's doing too. I wanted to share some of them.

Saying:
Dada
Mama
TyTy
Kitty
Something that sounds like Piper
Bye Bye
Yeah (as she claps her hands)
And clucking in swaheli (sp)
Doing;
Waving Bye Bye
Scooting around in circles on her bootie
Last night she went from her bootie to her knees (i missed it)
Signing "All Done"
Patting her Belly when you say "wheres Pipers belly"
Playing with things and not automatically eating them (this is nice with the amount of paper I usually have on my floor)
Starting to show some sassiness when she doesnt get her way. (however as the third child...she usually gets her way...we're in trouble)
Sqweels with delight everytime she sees the cats.
Giving her dolly kisses.
I might be editing this as I remember things, and when Mike reminds me of things.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold out as long as you want for that first haircut...when John had his first haircut it was like my baby instantly went away and I was left with this little boy...it was tough to see the baby curls of my last little baby be cut away!

So I say "Pips keep the hippy look!"

K

Anonymous said...

Okay, her hair really looks red in that picture, is that just the picture playing tricks or has it turned darker red since we have seen her last?
So cute.
Mom

Stacy said...

I love the pic-she is so photogenic! (sp?) It is so amazing all that they start doing, saying, etc. Truly God's miracle! Glad you're enjoying her so! Love...Vegas Stacy

Anonymous said...

Crazy how fast they grow up! Love all that hair! So cool that you are documenting her words, etc. Such a little cutie!

Anonymous said...

Wow does she ever look older! And, she looks like you and me. Maybe it's the angle she's looking at the camera. So many times I see so much Mike in her but not in this pic.
Auntie Michelle