Monday, August 14, 2006

Grandma's Beach! (and grandpa's too)

We got lots of beach time in. The weather was perfect for it. We even got a visit from Maggie! I love this beach...I grew up spending my summers there. Piper was so into the sand...I can remember laying in it all day long, and seaching the rocks for tiny crabs...it was so relaxing and peaceful. Oh the memories.




Low Tides were perfect for hours of exploring, finding crabs and shells. Running around as far as you could go...and getting sand in every crack! (the crab was dead folk...no worries)

The cousins have spent all summer diggin out their own tide pool. When the water goes out it leaves a little bit of water to warm in the sun. Their own hottub. Piper loved it! Dirty water filled with clams...oh joy! The bath in Grandma's sink was a must after that.

Ty and his stick. He didnt go anywhere without it. This is a picture of me saving his stick. I usually dont look like such a sissy in the water, however this tide pool on this particular day happened to have a white fuzzy substance in it. Having never seen white fuzzy seaweed before I opted to stay clear of it. It kind of looked like a wig or fur from a dog. Gross. It was gone the next day thankfully.

Driftwood climbing and Cinnamon & Sand Cookies...nummy

Finding shells is a favorite of Emery's. Piper had to investigate them too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun pictures!
I love the one of Piper's little bare buns in the sink!
It was so fun to play on the beach with you guys!
Love, Les