Monday, August 28, 2006

Kindergarten!

Today this little peanut of mine started her first day of Kindergarten! All decked out in one of her favorite new outfits, with a backpack that about 3 other girls in her class have! She loved the picture taking process...such a poser.


She did so good, found her seat right away and started work! I think it helped that her friend Mylah from our care group at church was in the class. I did fine, until it was time for me to leave, I quickly gave her a kiss and turned around so she didnt see my tears. Melissa, Mylahs mommy, was out in the hall with tears in her eyes as well.

Her Teacher, Mrs. Culligan is so sweet. I have been told by several people in education in town that she is the best teacher to have. I know my baby is in good hands! Here's to an awesome year of learning and making new friends.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so with you in this emotional rollercoaster. But, I have never been prouder than today. Kids are amazing, how is it that they can be so strong when mommy is a wreck? Funny. She is a star, and there is a world of awesome things waiting for her! She will do so good in life!

Lindsay said...

Great pictures - she will be awesome... and her teacher is fantastic! Happy first day of kindergarten Emery!

Anonymous said...

What a big girl! I totally have tears in my eyes, how sweet! Maggie starts preschool next week and I know I will be an emotional wreck (even though she is so excited). We will be praying for you Emery Jean!
Love, Leslie

Kristie said...

Love the sparkle in their eyes! I think Justin expected to see Mylah and Emery in his class today!;) Happy first day of school!

Anonymous said...

It seems like yesterday we were in Vegas saying good-bye to you all, I was in the bedroom with Emery in my arms sobbing. It is amazing how fast they grow up. Emery has a cousin that is just about ready to turn 13 and your sister had to drop him off at Middle School, talk about wanting to cry!!
Eme looks so cute and so ready for school, I think she will eat it up.
I love that she is wearing a skirt, you always wanted a dress or a skirt on too.
Next week it is Ty off to pre-school and then it is just you and Piper, can you believe it?
Love, Mom

Michelle said...

What a fun day! Milestones! Glad to hear that you did pretty good!

Anonymous said...

Mom's right about wanting to cry when dropping Alec off at Jr. High. And the outfits that the girls are wearing aren't nearly as cute and sweet as Emery's;) She looks like such a star posing for the pictures, what a ham.
Michelle

Stacy said...

What a memorable day...the beginning of the end :( I'm feeling it, too. Claire is off to Kindergarten today. Guess we'll just soak up the half day we have with them! Enjoy!