Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas Has Arrived In Our Home.

Now that the floors are done we have dusted off our decorations and found the energy to put up a tree. Thought I would share a few:

Letting the kids decorate the tree first, (them mama comes back around at nap time to "fix" it. And the tradition of Ty helping daddy put the star up.

The kids special ornaments for 2006. Em has never seen anything Betty Boop but just had to have her. I found that fitting since she is such a glamour girl. Ty's Superman, sitting right above his superman from last year. And Piper's Elmo...shes all about the little monster right now.

Since Mike and I have been married I have always been a strictly Red and White tree girl. This year was time for a change...much to Mike's shock and excitement. We spiced it up with a bunch of color and it is my favorite tree so far. I had to get a shot of it at night and one during the day.

And a few of my favorite decorations, including a new star above my nativity. Mike surprised me with it.

Proof that Mike has a bit of Martha in him, this cute candle and ball centerpiece was all him.

And our Little People nativity. The kids favorite of course. Mary is missing her family however, Joseph ran off with the Angel last Christmas, and Baby Jesus has been going everywhere with Piper, so who knows where he is. So cute to hear her say Baby jeje.

13 comments:

Angela said...

Everything looks WONDERFUL!!!!

Lindsay said...

Beautiful... love the tree!!
Looks like it was one at Festival!

Kristie said...

You two are quite the creative pair! Everything looks great! I love Christmas time!:)

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Our Mary/Joseph/and Baby Jesus are missing this year... I am SURE I am missing decor in a box somewhere. :-)

Anonymous said...

I did not do the candle thing, that just isn't true!

Mike

Shannon said...

You lie Mike. Embrace your creative side. (notice I did not say feminine side.)

Anonymous said...

It all looks great!
I think that Mike and Martha has a good ring to it... You two should start a home decor buisness! :)
Happy Holidays!!!
Wishing my house looked even close to as ready for Christmas as yours does!

Anonymous said...

I love it all, the kids looked like they were having a great time being involved in everything. I love the floor from what I can see of it.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Everything looks beautiful! I LOVE your tree, very festive!

Leslie

Stacy said...

OOOH, AAAH! Looks great! Have fun celebrating His Birth!

sioux said...

SHannon,
Love the Christmas pics. Blogging is soooooo much fun!!
Sue

Tracy said...

It looks beautiful! I also LOVE your new floor!!!! Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks fabulous! I just love seeing how everyone decorates for Christmas!

Katie