Monday, December 11, 2006

We Have A Floor

So the floor took longer than we anticipated, but it is finished! (aside from a couple of walls needing molding). So worth all the work...and all the sweeping I will be doing every single day. I have found it therapeutic to sweep. Here's the pictures of the process:

The destruction of my cute little home:

Emery's Artwork forever on the foundation. So when she's a famous artist someday this house will be worth millions:

The kids helping right along side of us:

And the finished product...wow what a difference it makes:


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks great shannon. I'm jealous I hate my carpet 3-years of daycare has taken its toll

Lindsay said...

WOW is right!!!
I love it!!
Looks good with your "RED"!!!

Kristie said...

Love it! Wood floors are definitely on my list of things that we want to do at our place too! You guys did such a good job!

Anonymous said...

Shan, I love the color you chose for your floors. They look absolutely gorgeous!

Love Piper's artwork, too. When we were remodeling our kitchen (back in high school) we all drew on the walls and signed our names. Somebody someday will get a big kick out of it!

Jamie

PS: your tree looks great, too.

Anonymous said...

Wow.... looks fabulous! I am going to have to swing by and get a closer look... it does look great with your red. Fun fun!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my I had no idea that you guys were doing the whole downstairs with hardwoods! Nice work they look beautiful! Just another reason why we need to make it over your way to come see!

Love, Les

Anonymous said...

Looks so good! You and Mike did a great job!

Katie