Sunday, December 03, 2006

Festival of Trees

By far one of my favorite events every year. It's magical! All the lights and the gorgeous tree...and money being thrown around in every direction, ha! But always for a good cause. This year the money went to Head Start! Yeah. (for those of you who may not know...Mike works for Head Start.). The Table Top trees have become a hit. They are my favorite part of the event. This was my second year donating and decorating a table top tree. My tree was called "Pretty In Pink." It is the first tree pictured if you haven't figured that out. It raised $350. Which I was very excited about! Of course the larger trees go for around $1500 each. Wow! This year the Coug tree was the Hit! Mike even built the black shelf that is pictured behind the coug tree. Im next on the list for one of those shelves ;).
Well, on to a very busy week. A handful of Wink's Inks, some baby shower invites (for Jinx's Nephew to be.) and about 500 Santa pictures to edit and a huge amount of house work to boot. Joy to all!






Mike dressed a Blues Brother during the Retro Tree Auction.

10 comments:

Kristie said...

Awesome event! Your tree is so cool! The trees are all so beautiful...well except for the barbed wire one?!?!? We had a great time today at the Community Day with the kids! The boys wore their crowns for the rest of the day! Thanks for doing the Santa pics today! Can't wait to get ours! I pulled out last years tonight as I was decorating the house. Its amazing how much has changed in a year!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful trees! Yours is adorable, Maggie would love it too! :)
Sounds like such a neat event!
Love, Les

Anonymous said...

I had a great time taking pictures with ya today! LOVE YOUR TREE!
Can't wait for next year, I will have to go, for sure!!!

Happy editing, and let me know if you need a hand!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a VERY festive, good time! Hey... I need to connect with you this week... let me know when a good time to catch you might be.

Anonymous said...

Awesome job on the trees. Can I get in line behind you for a shelf?
Michelle R

Anonymous said...

your tree turnes out great of course you are very talented I am glad that it went so great. sounds like a lot of fun Ill have to go next year.

Lindsay said...

Can't tell you how much I appreciate you right now! Hoping that you're ready for next year!
Loved your tree.
Loved hanging out.
Love the fact I'm blessed to call you my friend!
Merry Monday!

Angela said...

So glad that you guys had a great time! and so bumbed we couldn't join you this year.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on your tree, did the auction go well? It looked like one of the trees was a Christmas stick as Mike would call it. Mike looked good dressed up as a Blues Brother.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of a great event! And you did an awesome job with the Santa pictures!

Katie