Tuesday, February 20, 2007

How Do You Celebrate President's Day?

Well in this house we jump in the van on a whim with one person blind folded and drive around to the middle of no where to see if the other can find their way home. Uh huh! We call it an adventure. And we did it twice yesterday. One challenge for me (the master of sense of direction) and one challenge for Mike. This is our kind of fun in small town USA!

This was the view I had when I finally took my blind fold off. Luckily it was up high enough I could get a sense of what way I needed to go. I could see the Blue's on one side of me and town on the next. It wasn't until I ran into the Columbia though that I actually knew where I was. The princess really wasn't into the adventure, that is until we popped in some movies. Ty however loved it. All prepared with his compass, dagger, sword and superman socks!



This is where we ended up when I drove Mike to tin-buck-two. I actually didn't really even know where we were. It was really pretty though. We took a stop at our friend's Ian and Lindsay's house for some rice crispy treats and to see their new additions. (the calves that is)

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love that you did this crazy thing... and that you made it out our way. It's not every day we get visitors - you know! I'm totally impressed that you celebrated President's Day in a unique and fun way!
By the way - which president's did you celebrate?? :) (hope Mike is laughing with me on this one)

Nicole said...

What a fun way to celebrate a somewhat boring holiday. Much more fun than mine (cleaning and watching mom paint) loved the out come though.

Tanya said...

You are so ADVENTURESOME!!!

Kristie said...

Crazy "S" family! I love that Ty brought his sword!

mrose6 said...

What a fun time. We went to the "mountains" in St. Louis to go skiing, only to be turned away because there were too many people and no more rentals available. The kids were so mad.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Oh my that looks like so much fun! Who would ever think to do that except the Snyders, LOVE it!
Leslie

Anonymous said...

That is such a great idea! I absolutely LOVE Ty's outfit!

Love,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Oh'. How. Fun.
Fun, Fun, Fun.
What a fun memory you made.
I wanna play!

Molly said...

What a fun game! How did you think of it?