Friday, February 09, 2007

My Friday Mornings.

This is a picture of what most of my Friday mornings have looked like for the last 3.5 years. "Coffee with the ladies." Today we had reason to celebrate. Sylvia is back! She's the blondie in the back left. Sylvia has been in Portland since December dealing with a nasty infection and a spine that was attacked by this infection. It is a miracle that she is back so soon and walking on her own right up to the counter to order her Mocha! We have missed her so much! The group started over 10 years ago with Teri, Sylvia and their friend Anita. I never had the pleasure of meeting Anita. She passed away from cancer 7 years ago. But for some reason I feel like I know her. There has been other ladies in the group from time to time, but this seems to be the faithful four. Plus the load of children...I think we have added 3 in the time i've been going. I have come to love my Friday mornings...a great time to just sit for an hour and chat while our kids raise the noise level in Starbucks and leave tons of crumbs. I love these women.

Oh, and Nicole is the one behind me. She really is happy, but the camera snapped before she had a chance to smile. Just wanted to announce to all who know her that she started a blog!
Yeah! See the link on my sidebar-------------------------------------->
She may be getting a little embarrassed right now.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks Shannon!! I really was happy what a horable picture of me oh well. I love our fridays too and have enjoyed our time together.

Kristie said...

That's what its all about...relationships!

Michelle said...

What a fun post... I have to add... my Zeke is in the picture... in the blue vest on the left. Pretty cute that he has joined the coffee club. :-)