Monday, February 05, 2007

Retreat Recap

  • Lot's of Fun!
  • Great to make new friends.
  • Loved my roomies.
  • bummed we all didn't get a picture together!

  • The hotel was amazing.
  • Great food!
  • Disposable swimsuits.
  • Fun shopping. (although I got dizzy from the altitude and had to go lay down..strange.)
  • The horn man played every morning at breakfast.

  • I thought this picture of Sue deserved to be posted. I love hearing her play the Conga's. So waiting for a lesson some day ;). This woman is amazing. A mom of 2 teenage/young adult women. I have learned so much from her, and plan on calling on her alot when my girls are teens!

  • Of course I have to have some pictures of the "details." Everything was so cute!

  • We laughed a bunch. This was the Squirrel Choir. So had to be there to get it...but it was funny!!!

I did not get a picture of the speaker. Nancie Carmichael. She was great. Here are a couple little tidbits of information that struck me:

  • 3 things that shape your message: Your heartwoood (childhood), Your Choices and Your passions.
  • The world doesnt want "pretty" they want "real". We have treasures in our earthly vessels if we are cracked than the treasure shows even more" In other words, dont hid behind the image...be honest and real so you can share.

Glad to be home!!



10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Excellent recap! Couldn't have said it better myself :)

Anonymous said...

So been waiting to read how your weekend was!
So love, love, love Sue!
So glad you had a good time.
Hope you have a great week!

Angela said...

Glad you took pictures! It was a blast!

Kristie said...

Very cool! So glad that you had such an awesome time!

Anonymous said...

How fun. I went to college with her son Andrew. Very neat lady.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Shannon Thank you....for being A great freind, for showing the real for everything. I am so glad that I went and grew and got to spend a great weekend with great laidies. Loved My roomies too.

Anonymous said...

I am also glad you got some pictures! I hope we'll get to do it again next year!

Love,
Katie

Anonymous said...

And a disposable swimsuit is?????
Sis Michelle

Anonymous said...

That looks like such a fun weekend!
I love the "details" too!
Is that at the Enzion?
Love, Les

Stacy said...

What a blessing! I'm sure it was a piece of heaven on earth! Clay & I are off to Zion this weekend for a couple's retreat...looking forward to it! Remember our couple's weekend in Zion? Fun!