Thursday, April 12, 2007

An Award for Emery and a Deep Question from Ty.

We were so excited to go as a family to a special awards ceremony for Emery's school today.
She was awarded a special achievement in Numbers. She gets that from her daddy...Not me!
She was so cute...was all shy and blushed a ton when she went to the front. Of course I teared up a bit, good thing I could hide behind my camera.




As the teacher's started the ceremony and we sat with our butt's squished onto tiny kids chairs Ty looks at me and asks (rather loudly) "Do they know Jesus?" I shooshed him and said I didn't know. (not quite sure who the "they" were). Then a few seconds later just as loudly he said. "My Teacher's know Jesus!" and then another few seconds later. "Emery knows Jesus."
Wow...i just thought that was an interesting question and observation on his part. Pretty thought provoking. Made me wish for a christian school for my kids (beyond pre-school). Although I really do love the school they go to and the teachers there.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations Emery!! It is so much fun when they get their first awards!

I was recently shocked to learn that in the south they have all kinds of Christian events at the public schools! That would be interesting.

Lindsay said...

Yeah Emery!! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Eme and so sorry this Grandma and Grandpa had memory loss and forgot about the ceremony! I was at the doctor having my burns checked and forgot!

Ty was asking me the same questions about Jesus yesterday. Wanted to know if the Library knew Jesus and several other people.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Emery, that is so exciting!!

And sweet Ty Ty!! You made me tear up just reading this. I think Mama and Daddy are doing well in teaching their kids about Jesus!

Love, Leslie

mrose6 said...

Ty is a thinker, Luke asks questions like that too. He's always asking his friends if they're Christians and if they go to church anywhere. Congrats to Em, she didn't get any math skills from her auntie either (calculator baby!)

Kristie said...

Yeah Eme! What a smartie!

Makes you wonder what else is going on in Ty's head huh? Makes you wonder how much more they know or understand than we think they do.

Michelle said...

Congratulations! Just think of all the children that your kids will touch with the love of Jesus... and it is GREAT training for living life in this world! ;-) Good job, Ty, for being a witness!

Tanya said...

Way to go Emery!! Very interesting that Ty is intrigued with this question....something is going on in his little mind! Don't you wish you had a way of knowing!!?

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Emery!

How awesome for Ty to understand that knowing Jesus is so important! It's a good reminder for all of us to keep it that simple: people need Jesus!

Love,
Katie

Lindsay said...

Precious Ty! Praise God for Christian children in public schools. Keep asking questions Ty... there are never enough people who know Jesus!