Friday, October 12, 2007

Go Go Get em Get em...

...and when we get em we say "Go Bulldogs! Go Bulldogs!"



That chant has been stuck in my head for four days now! But Emery likes it when I do the moves and chant with her. I think she's surprised to see her mama can move like that! :)

I have to say that I didn't really think I would ever care if my girls choose not to follow in my footsteps and do the whole cheer/dance thing. But tonight as I watched Emery cheer at the Bulldog's football game I got a little teary with pride! She was so cute, very serious about it...and pretty darn good!! Made this mama proud. She is sad she doesn't get to do it all the time.

They performed a dance, two chants and a cheer. All learned in 3 evenings of practices.


Mylah and Emery waiting to perform.











And the little sister's watching with glee. The night turned out to be rather dangerous for these two little ones. Tressa fell off the bar (right above her head in the picture) and hit her head on the bleacher. And Piper who was up a few rows fell through the bleachers and face first onto the ground below. It was about a 4 foot drop. Amazing how fast this few day short of 33 year old woman can fling her camera off her shoulder and shimmy through the bleachers below to the rescue. Still not sure how I fit? Thankfully Piper and Tressa were both fine, especially after Grandma Karen came to the aid with Elephant ears in hand.

12 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! She did not fall through that! That is one of my biggest fears! I am so glad to hear she is okay!

Kristie said...

Cute! So serious...a lot of concentration on that little face!

Glad Pips is okay! I hate those bleachers...way to old and dangerous!

Michelle said...

Emery is SO cute!!! Love it... bet it was fun.

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what a scary moment that must have been for you! Glad to hear Piper's OK!

Emery looks adorable, too...how fun for her :)

Jamie

Melissa said...

Love the pictures. My family say's I am turning the girl's into traders because they are bulldogs and not bucks. I say that girls look better in purple so there. Mylah really enjoyed doing this with Emery.

Anonymous said...

Nobody looks better in purple

Angela said...

Oh my gosh they are so cute! I am thinking cheerleading is in her future!

Lindsay said...

Go Emery Go!! What GREAT pictures of a FUN, FUN night :)

Tiffany said...

My cousin was cheering with Mylah and Emery last night (the one with flaming red hair!) They did such a good job! And were so cute!

Anonymous said...

Go Grandma!! Glad all are o.k. It is amazing how those Mama instincts kick in and you just DO IT.
Sis Michelle

Tanya said...

Ahhhh how cute...the lil cheerlearder that is....not the "accidents"! Remember when I tried to be a cheerleader?! hahahaha.....:)

Stacy said...

ugh! That is so scary! That is one of my fears about going to the games! So glad that both of the girls are ok! Emery looks so darn cute! She's so girly, I love it!