Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nook


This is how the kids are right now. All tucked in at tiny corner of the girls room for a slumber party. It was Emery's idea. We will see how it last.


I specifically remember loving to make little nooks in the corners of our house growing up. I remember one time when I was sick for what seemed like weeks having a 2x3 foot section in the corner of our living room between the hearth and the wall all to myself. I had blankets, and pillows and a step stool (that I remember very clearly) with all my medicine, tissue and a thermometer stacked up on. Do you remember this mom?


Anyway...this reminded me of that time. Here's to a peaceful night sleep with the kids Im sure.


Oh and while I am at it I need to document a Piperism. I was having a conversation with her today as she was on the pot. I was asking her all her favorite things. When I asked her favorite color she said..."um...Macaroni and Cheese." Im thinking she meant orange.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

So cute. My kids have decided that they sleep together in Whit's room Nick has not slept in his room for about a month now.

Tiffany said...

Macarroni and Cheese... love it. How cute!

Molly said...

Ahhh, Macaroni and Cheese instead of orange. It sounds like Piper is going to be a "color snob" just like her mommy!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ty make me laugh. I love the "fake" sleeping. Mac and Cheese sounds like a great Crayola color crayon color!!
Auntie Michelle

Anonymous said...

No I don't remember that time you were sick but it doesn't surprise me, cozy places are always so comforting. I know when you were little and you and Mark shared a room you always ended up in his twin bed with him.
Love, Mom

Angela said...

I wish I was in a little nook right now!

Leslie said...

Siblings are the best...I am curious, how long did it last? And Piper is so cute!