Sunday, March 02, 2008

Art, Science, Geeks and Family Time

We loaded the kids up Friday night for a drive and night stay in Portland. Saturday was filled with fun family time. First the Children's Museum, then lunch and a the hard decision of Not going to the zoo because of the rain. The kids were not too sad once we got to OMSI. Tons for them to see and learn there. We all left exhausted.

The Geeks.
(anyone from home...does this picture remind you of something?


Baby Geek


Learning a little about something way over my head....


Some sort of Bull Art at the Children's museum.


I had to take a picture at lunch...we had a HUGE booth...could have seated 10. And where did the kids migrate...practically right in our laps! Seriously, Space Children!!


My Little Raptor Girls


Maybe if his ear was this size I wouldn't have to repeat myself 3 times very loudly every time I try to get his attention!


These ones crack us up. There was an exhibit on reproduction and birth...here is Emery very curious as to how things are working. I told her "we will explain things later" and she said..."Explain them now." Time to get out our books. Oh dear.


Mike getting artsy with the Point and Shoot. Love this one!


Litter Potter.


A little more study of body parts. I told her she looked like she was grabbing Ta Ta's here. That lead to me having to explain what Ta Ta's are...Bad move on my part. Now she thinks that's the funniest thing ever!



There are a ton more pictures...but I'll leave you with my fav...all the kiddos fast asleep in one bed.

21 comments:

Shannon said...

I just realized after reading this post that I sounded a little derogatory towards those in the Science industry by my use of the word Geek. I really have no ill-will towards my Science lovin brothers and sisters. I simply meant that we as a family look like Dorks in our neon goggles!
Peace to all. ;)

Nicole said...

Looks like you all had a great time too bad no zoo but OMSI is always fun and interesting. I Love the Dorks in goggles.

Kristie said...

what a fun trip! Justin has decided that he wants to be a scientist or an astronaut...so he may be a "geek" in googles one day!:)

Anonymous said...

Okay, the goggles remind me of you in your goggles on the Kings School Bus, I believe they are still driving around town with your face on them as I saw one not too long ago.
It looks like everyone was having a great time, good you could get away for the day for family time.
Mom

Katie said...

Love the geek fam :) Have a great time!!

Jamie said...

LOL! I still see those buses around town and it always makes me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fantastic weekend! Everyone looks so happy, not fighting...We went to the zoo yesterday, can't say that the outcome was the same;) Keep us posted on how the "talk" goes w/Em.
Auntie Michelle

Angie said...

Looks like a fab weekend! Love all the questions Emery is asking....good times! Where did you stay?

Molly said...

Hah - memories of the bus! I too saw one driving around not too long ago. :)

Angela said...

Love that 1st picture of yoy guys so cute!!!
So glad that you had some good family time!

Melissa said...

That looks like so much fun! I always hated wearing goggles in science or chemistry class. I would love to try pottery though. So glad you all had fun family time.

Tiffany said...

Looks like SO much fun! I haven't been to OMSI in forever!
By the way... I STILL remember my mom breaking out the "reproduction" and "girl parts vs boy parts" books-- down to what they looked like and where I sat to read them. :o) Good luck with that!

Tanya said...

You guys always do the funnest things!! So glad that you are able to enjoy some quality family time away from home!! Never knew your picture was on the side of a bus....missed that one, sounds crazy!

Leslie said...

What a fun family outing! I love all the pictures! And yes your face is still on those king's buses...too funny...I think that makes you famous!?

Angie said...

Looks like EVERYONE had a great time! You really had to wear goggles to ride the bus? Please explain! :) Your kido's have such fun parents! Ang "C"

Shannon said...

Okay Ang, that cracked me up!

Here's the deal with the Bus.
My senior year of highschool i had my picture taken in Chemistry class with my goggles on. A couple years later they used that picture on an advertizement for King's Schools on the side of all their buses. There are still a few remaining to this day. 15 some years later folks!

Next time I go to Seattle I will have to take a picture of it.

Lindsay said...

That first picture absolutely cracks me up!!

Kailin said...

Looks like fun, these are two of my favorite places to go with the kids!

Oh, and I have the GREATEST book for when you have to really get into the talk...in a few years!

Crystal said...

Now there's a family photo for the mantle! :)

Glad you guys enjoyed the quality time together! I know Sheriff and Mav did!

Angie said...

Just wanted to let you know I changed my profile so it will say Angie M.---hopefully that will clear things up;)

Angie said...

Thanks Shan for the explanation. Hilarious! :) Would love to see that some time I will have to keep my eyes open for the famous photo. Once in a while I run across a kings bus or two...