Monday, March 10, 2008

Wear it out girl!

First of all I want to thank all of you who commented on my last post. I truly appreciate all the insight and encouragement. I will use this post to refer back to often when I find myself sinking into stress over my filth. And I will try to keep telling myself over and over. "it will go by much too quickly...and someday I will want those messes back in my house instead of complete clean with no traces of my little ones." TEARS!...




Okay, now on to my post today.


Seriously...WHO DOES THIS TO EACH AND EVERY PAIR OF PANTS?!!!!

Last night I remembered around 8:30 pm that i still needed to run to Walmart and quickly grab some pants for Emery to wear to school. All she had left were very worn out pants. I seriously do not know how one little girl can completely wear out a pair of pants so quickly. She must be playing hard. Actually, today while I was out running errands I pulled up to Emery's school to watch her play on the playground. She was playing with one of her little girlfriends, who is absolutely adorable but not a good influence to Emery on how to treat other little girls. Yuck!
So as I sat there and watch her chase and tease a group of boys who wanted nothing to do with these two little girls, I prayed for her and for her friendships. And then she caught me there watching her ;).
So here's my little stylie bean this morning with a fresh pair of pants on. I'm sure they will be completely stained when she gets home today.

This outfit was rather a cute one she put together (minus the sweat socks with her sparkly shoes). Emery has a little bit of a Betsy Johnson meet Hannah Montana thing going with her style. Which I actually secretly envy. Although my stylist would quickly put the squash on. (thanks again Angela for not letting me buy those owl earrings on Friday ;).

14 comments:

Angela said...

Okay I am laughing!
I can't believe she wears her pants out like that. She must be playing hard! So funny! Well she looks adorable as usual.

See you in a few hours so we can get our skate on! :)

Katie said...

Yup. My boys NEVER have hand-me-down pants to share...they all end up looking like that! (Greg is worse than Grant) :)

Anonymous said...

So cute and she is loving it.
Mom

Leslie said...

Okay she is so cute...and she does have style! I love her hat...and Maggie would too! Where did you get it?

Melissa said...

Emery should pick out my clothes, she is so fashionable. So OWL earrings what??? ;)

Lindsay said...

She looks like an all American girl!!

... and worn out jeans = fun, fun, fun!!

Grandma Karen said...

She takes after Grandma Karen. I was always getting holes in my pants!

Kailin said...

I always wondered how Elly managed to do this to EVERY pair of her pants as well...thankfully it rarely happens now...there is HOPE!

Angie said...

Emery is so darn cute! Love the outfit!

Molly said...

She is getting SO big! What a cute girl. :)

Tanya said...

May I just point out that you ultimately are the one that buys her clothes, so really it is a bit of your own cool style coming out in what she wears!! (BIG PAT ON THE BACK). I sometimes wished I could look as cute as my girls in their clothes, secretly I buy them things and really wish it came in my size :(

She is adorable!!

Michelle said...

It must be first grade... Judah's pants all look like that right now, too. I am embarassed somedays when he goes to school with knees sticking out! ;-)

Amy Tolar said...

How funny she wears her pants out so much! Isn't it wonderful to have indpendent, active, loving girls (and for you a boy)? I hate having to replace worn out pants, but at the same time, I love that my girlies are so active that I have to replace them! Kind of a catch 22, isn't it?

Nicole said...

Crazy that she wears things out like that. She does a great job dressing her self. I have to ask about the owl earings??