Friday, May 30, 2008

Her Chore



I decided to teach Emery how to do laundry the other day. Well she actually brought it up. She wants to help me all the time and too often I shoo her away because it's just easier to get it done myself. Bad, Lazy Mom...i know. But then I figured, if she is this interested in wanting to learn, may as well teach her. THEN I DON'T HAVE TO DO IT ANYMORE! ;).

She was so cute about it. Taking it very seriously and diligently separated the mound of laundry into the anal color piles I require. She carefully made sure the soap was evenly dispersed. When usually I just throw the whole cup in the wash with the clothes (keeps the cup clean).

The funniest part is I caught her folding the wet laundry and placing them every so neatly in organized piles in the dryer. I wonder if she thought she would save herself from having to fold them after the dryer. Now if she was just interested in the toilets.

8 comments:

Angela said...

Good for her and nice tip about the cup! :)

Lindsay said...

GREAT job Emery!!

Katie said...

That is awesome...love the wet folded clothes!

Nicole said...

Lucky Lady hope she holds interest.


It looks like she will live up to your "anal" expectations :}

Leslie said...

LOVE it!

Tanya said...

That is about the cutest thing I ever did see!!! What a helper...

Angie said...

Love the wet folded clothes! How lucky you are mamma to have a willing helper! :)

Kristie said...

nice work Em!!

Send her on over I have a few loads I could use an assistant with.

And here I was thinking I would be the most anal around here!;)