Monday, June 27, 2005

What a Stinker!


My little man, isn't he cute?! Well this little man is a typical little boy...loves hitting his big sister. So you can imagine it can be a challenge day to day trying to deal with how to get him to stop hitting her. Mind you Emery likes to push his buttons so he will hit her...then she comes crying to mommy. Well, today Emery comes crying to me because Ty hit her. She did in fact have a mark on her face and real tears...so I was inclined to believe her. However when I called Ty into the room and asked him if he hit her he said no. So now I was dealing with how to get him to admit it and have a talk about lying. I sat him down and asked again if he hit her...he said no so I gave him a reprimand about lying...he got a serious look on his face like he knew he was in trouble...then a grin and started to giggle in my face... This made me mad...so I once again reprimanded him about this being a serious talk and asked him again if he was lying... again he looked serious like he was understanding me...but then said no and started to giggle. Now I just sat there not knowing what to do. He stumped me. I knew he was lying...but I wasnt about to beat it out of him. Then he started giggling at me again. By this point I lost it!!! Turned my back to him...and started belly laughing. I couldnt help it. The little stinker got me big time!! I didnt want him to know I was laughing...but how could he not. Them Emery saw me...and we all started laughing. It reminded me of when I was little and my mom would get so frustrated with us...but some how my brother could get her to laugh.
Ty eventually admitted he hit her and apologized after putting him in Time Out. We'll see how I handle it the next time he tries the grin and giggle method. Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how cute your kids are. I can't wait to see them in person - in just over a month!

Jill