Saturday, January 12, 2008

Oh What A Happy Day For This Mama!


I have to admit, when Emery told me sometime last year that she wanted to grow her hair out long I was hesitant. Why? Because I know my daughter. She's strong willed, independent...and well, has a style of her own. I knew it would be a battle to keep long, stick straight blonde hair from looking stringy. And I was right! Brushing it every morning or after a bath was straight out of an episode of "Day's of Our Lives" DRAMA!!!! So I pretty much gave up, unless of course for something special or if she wanted a pony that day. (which was rare).

So Thursday I resorted to the tactic of "Don't you want your hair cute and short like Morgans?" (her older and cool friend.) It worked! Evil manipulation I know.


But she is so much happier with it short. She even admitted it. "Mom, I look good with my hair short and a missing tooth." Yup, she said that! She even said "It's so much easier to brush mommy." I refrained from saying "I Told You So." I'm not sure who's happier: her or me.


I do have to say...she looks a little younger. Which I love, but wont dare tell her that, she would not be okay with looking younger.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

It is a very cute cut. It was the first thing she said to me when she came over. Now if I could convince Mylah to cut hers. It is just too much to deal with!

Nicole said...

Very cute. It does make her look younger.

Michelle said...

Maybe she will be a trend setter! I wish Hannah would also get off the "long hair" kick. I would so much rather cut it off!

Em is so adorable!

Leslie said...

She looks adorable! We are still in the "growing the bangs out phase"...ugh!

Kristie said...

cute, cute, cute! I thought there was something different about her today but I was thinking it was just the missing tooth!

Tanya said...

TOO CUTE!! I am opposite though....I love the girls to have long hair and I always win the "doing the hair" battle...I started them real young!! Short is cute too!!

Angela said...

Cute hair! I love it!
And that missing tooth....ADORABLE!

Crystal said...

Very sweet style with that adorable face! I'm going to tell Morgan about that because she's thinking about growing it out again. Too funny! Where do they get that anyway :)

Tiffany said...

Cute cute cute!! Love it!
So i'm taking Yoga at BMCC hermiston. Sometimes it's at the hospital though depending on the class size. Sign up through BMCC and its $64. They'll supply the mats if you dont have one. It's so much fun you should come! There's a class at 9:00 i think and I go to the one at 10:15.

Lindsay said...

Cute Emery!!

... and I think this when I'm thankful for my short-haired boys :)