Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The flu has hit mamma!

Thankfully Mike stayed home yesterday to do the Mommy thing. Actually he went above and beyond the mommy thing with; roasted chicken, teaching Ty to make Mash Potatoes, fresh chocolate chip cookies and then homemade chicken noodle soup. I stayed in bed all day. Which is where I wish I was now, but am feeling bit better so Im on mommy duty today.

This post has worn me out...off to sit and sip tea.

UPDATE FROM DADDY: Mamma now has bronchitis on top of the flu. She went to the doctor today and he told her the wonderful news. He also told her that her husband (yours truly) is a "genious" (his word not mine) and let her know he wants to sit down and watch the Fiesta Bowl with some popcorn and bourbon with me. Not sure why I threw that in, just a funny tidbit from our wacky doctor. Who am I to question the opinion of a professional?

She aches all over and is not feeling good at all, so please keep her in your prayers. Daddy is holding in there...and so are the kids (although they are dying for Mommy time)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better soon Shany! You have such a wonderful husband to take care of you.
Take care of yourself my dear!
Love, Les

Lindsay said...

Man... I'm so sorry!
What a great husband you have!
Take it easy and know that you are loved!

Michelle said...

It is so difficult to be at home with kids when you are sick. Thank God for Daddies at home. Jason is at home today. :-) Gotta love our husbands!

Tanya said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon, glad your hubby was able to help out, nothings worse than feeling like poopoo and having to take care of kids!!

Anonymous said...

Iam sorry that it hit you to hope you are feeling better soon whitney also has it now. :(

Kristie said...

So sorry! Glad you are feeling better today! Take theraflu!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Love,
Katie

Molly said...

Yucky! I'm sorry to hear that the flu got you. Get some rest!

Molly

Angela said...

So sorry, Hope you feel better soon!
Love you

Michelle said...

I will pray for you!!!!

Kristie said...

Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad. I will bring you a coffee in the morn stay home and get better we will miss you:)

Anonymous said...

Man oh man, I am sorry you are feeling so bad, Dad and I will be praying for you.
I am writing this laying down becasue I cannot sit, I have had to stand at work for 4 days due to a bad back and hip. Will be going to the massage therapist for the 2nd time tomarrow. Glad I don't have your flu on top of it all.
Love, Mom

Tanya said...

My OH My!!! Shannon you are in my prayers! Get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Mike, keep up the good work! (hope you're feeling better soon Shanny.)
Sis Michelle

Lindsay said...

Praying for you friend!
Get well soon!!
Hugs to you too - Linds

Molly said...

Get well soon Shan!

Love,
Molly

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you my dear!
I hope you feel better soon!

Love, Les