Saturday, January 20, 2007

I'm Alive...

Okay, I just started to type out this big long post about my sickness and all the drama...but my brain is still foggy. I'm still a little sick and medicated. Yeah Codeine! So here's the short of it:

  • 4 full days of flu and bronchitis
  • 2 days barely getting out of bed
  • 2 kidneys screaming in pain at me to drink more water.
  • 4 days solid with a headache.
  • countless ups ands downs of my temperature.
  • A trip to the pill pusher, oh I mean doctor.
  • 4 prescriptions later.
  • 3 day's off of work for Mike.
  • 1 blog hijacked by my caretaker.
  • 3 days of awesome meals made by daddy.
  • 3 days of saltines for me.
  • 3 less pounds for me.
  • 2 or 3 hallucinations (or so mike says)
  • 1 daughter who wants nothing to do with mommy anymore.
  • 3 little kids who are now sick again!
  • 1 missed wsu vs. uw basketball game (mike had to stay home today)
  • 1 missed birthday party for a little buddy. Save us some Dilly Bars.
  • 20 days straight of someone in this house being sick!
  • Lot's and Lot's of prayers! Thank you everyone.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Shannon...glad you are at least able to be up to do a posting...I miss them! Hope your family gets healthy again real soon...I'll keep prayin!!

Angela said...

We will keep praying for you guys!
We will save some goody bags for the kiddos!

Michelle said...

I have missed your postings as well! Glad you are out of bed. Does it seem like this year has been worse than any other? I keep thinking it has to be public school!

Kristie said...

OH NO...I'm so sorry! Praying for good health to return to your household! Please call me if I can help in any way! Take care!

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear that your doing better. hopefully this whole flu thing will leave us all alone. whitney is also starting to do better first day with out a 102 temp since tue. I am PRAYING that no one else gets it.