Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Home From Cha!

I'm Home! So tired from traveling, but had so much fun! We laughed alot!! We were on our feet for hours! Met lots of fun people, very genuine sweet ladies and some not so fun people. We enjoyed watching some of the people there who were so catty. Come on ladies, get perspective!! Niceness goes a long way!!!

Here is our Entourage Picture! Melinda and Cassandra were the Stars! Lief the body guard and keeper of the ladies! And Kay and I well...we were the assistants. Kay being the scribe or Moses as we liked to call her! (we were playing off the Entourage that Martha Stewart had with her walking the show.)

Here is Kay taking pictures and selling, which was one of my favorite parts. Sell Sell Sell...that's what we did!!. I didn't get as many picture's as I would have hoped, but Kay did...so I will have to wait til she gets home to show off some other fun stuff.


And the Booth was Adorable. Filled with fun samples. Here are a few of mine as well as Katie A's samples. I just have to brag on my friend here a bit, although I know she will blush when I do so. There were several times when some big names in the biz would walk through the booth (I realized the name comment sounds a bit comical), but anyway...they would come by and graze through some of the samples, and no doubtingly point out Katie's designs and mention how great they were!! Way to go Katie on your debut at CHA!!


And the Princesses!!! Had a blast at Downtown Disney. We didn't go into the park but shopped and ate right outside. Walking through World of Disney made me miss my kiddos. But they all got fun prizes!!

Okay, and the self proclaim "queen" herself. We had the opportunity to see Martha Stewart speak. I will tell you this, on a business or craft industry side I learned nothing informative from her. However, it was pretty interesting on a personal side to see her personality and the way she thinks. I don't think she is as mean as some people portray her to be. At least not anymore. But she does think very highly of herself...but hey she is the millionaire not me. I just left feeling a bit sad that her passion and goal in life is "to make everything she does beautiful". Okay, so great that's fine. I understand the rush and love of making a great page, or card or decoration...that's all fine. But in the scheme of life, I'm so glad I have a purpose that is eternal...cause sister, the cards aren't going to last, the beautiful cake isn't going to last, your millions aren't going to last!! Sorry to rant a bit, I got fired up on this subject after reading a book on the way down that I cant wait to share about. But more on that in another post.

To sum it all up; I fully enjoyed selling one of my best friends' product to people from all over the world! Loved seeing Cassandra and Melinda shine in their element and grow both on a business level as well as a personal level. Loved seeing all the new fun stuff in the scrapbooking world to play with on my pages. But most of all, loved just making memories with my friends and laughing a ton. The whole trip was a great reminder to me of what is really important in life! Not the stuff...but the relationships.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shan, what a GREAT opportunity for you to go down there and showcase your stuff. I'm sure all of you guys were a big hit!

Can't wait to hear about the book that you read on the way down :)

Jamie

Kristie said...

Way to go girls! It looks so fun! So cool that I have such talented friends!:)

Tanya said...

Shannon! It looks and sounds
like you had a great time...missed your postings while you were gone! How nice for your to be able to get away like that and do something you have such a passion and talent for...I'm jealous(in a good sort of way ;)) Welcome Back!

Angela said...

So glad that you guys had so much fun! Glad you are home!

Anonymous said...

Ive been waiting and looking forword to your post the past couple days. how exiting to be involved in somthing so big can't wait to hear more.

Lindsay said...

Love your take on Martha... and so true about how "stuff" doesn't last ~ relationships do!
Your work is great... and way to go Katie!
Love to you friend - glad you're home safe & sound - I'm sure your family is too!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun!
Glad you were able to go, I am sure everyone loved all your stuff too!
Love, Les