Monday, January 01, 2007

Ringing In the New Year with a....

...Very Busy Weekend!
It started on Saturday with what was supposed to be just a day trip to Portland to visit a friend in the hospital and to reunite with the one and only JINX. But due to some minor car problems and the lateness in which those problems unfolded I ended up staying the night with the rest of my girlfriends. Thank you so much John and Judy for all your wonderful hospitality and help with the car! Emery is still talking about the adventure, the giant doll house and the City that she misses. And sorry once again for the drama I tend to bring to Tax Free Weekend. I'm wondering what might happen next year.

Then upon arriving home Sunday morning we packed up the family and headed to the mountains where we rented a little rustic log cabin for the night. Our friends Tim and Melissa joined us on this little adventure. It was a very fun time, although it was cut a bit short by Mike waking up on New Year Day with a nasty flu.

Our little one room cabin shared by 9 of us. 2 lights, a very warm wood stove, and no water! It got me thinking about how the Pioneers lived. The kids loved it, we had a blast staying up to a late 10 pm playing games. Gone are the days of ringing in the new year with a bang! Unless you consider Mike's Puking the Bang!

Our friend Aaron and Angie joined us on Sunday for part of the day. Bringing along their girls and the very fun 4wheeler! I want one now!

The first day Ty wasn't so sure about the whole sledding thing. He did go down a few time, but not on his own. He must have decided to become brave in the new year because I found him launching off a jump all by himself the next day. The night before we visited some other friends of ours who have a cabin in the area and Ty went Snow Mobiling with Daddy. He came in afterward and ran up to me and said: I was being Brave mamma! Just another reminder that this boy is growing in confidence!
And Piper in an adorable hat that also doubles as a muzzle. She was perfectly content just sitting in her little sled. I was however a nervous wreck that the sled would just happen to slip down the hill on it's own taking my baby with it.
Melissa and her Girls!
And me looking as if I am sledding on a perfectly flat surface (I promise it was a tad steeper than appears.). And Tim showing his mad sledding skills.
Emery had no fear of the whole sledding thing. She did however show some major drama if the snow got on her skin. Totally taking me back to my childhood and Saturdays up at Steven's Pass. Although I would have a snow suit filled with Pee.

Hope you all had a great New Years Celebration. And here's to staying away from the nasty flu bug. I'm praying no one else in the house gets it...but wouldn't be surprised.


11 comments:

Kristie said...

Sorry that Mike isn't feeling well! Lovin' the lime green saucer sleds! Looks like a good time! Happy New Year!

Lindsay said...

What a fun, fun time!!
May you be blessed by God's mercy, grace & love this new year!
Love to you today my friend!

Anonymous said...

Oh' How FUN!!!
I can't believe that we haven't been sledding even once this year, so far. We are going to have to go soon, those pictures gave me a craving for some snow!
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Why is it you always catch me in the worst poses with my hands? Great shot of me and Piper with a nice "Pinkie" wave...Happy New Year!

Mike

Angela said...

Fun times! And I really hope you still don't fill your snow clothes full off pee since you are wearing my pants! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year my dear freind!
Sounds like a very fun weekend! Hope Mike is feeling better and that you all stay clear of the flu bug!
Love, Les

Molly said...

Shan - it was great to see you and catch up for a bit this weekend. I can't believe you ended up staying for the night! Glad your trip home on Sunday was safe. :)

Molly

Melissa said...

Love the pictures. Thank you so very much again for inviting us. We had a great time. Happy New Year again!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very memorable time!!!!

Anonymous said...

SO glad you made it home safe and sound on Sunday. There's nothing worse than car trouble!

It was fun to see you and Emery (especially when she warmed up to the group...maybe that was the candy??); love the fact that she misses her "city" :)

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Looks like such a great time! I want snow!!

Katie