Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Just an average day!


Okay...so I dont really have anything monumental to say, so I thougth I would just share a layout I did for The Daisy Bucket Grand Opening. It's Titled WINK. Funny story about this layout. So circles are kind-of big in the world of design lately...so I wanted to make a cicle layout. And loved this paper by Doodle Bug. Anyway, I used Mike's garbage can to trace a large circle and left a straight edge on the left, where I was originally going to place Emery's Picture. I stitched the circle on the page and then got a design freeze. I just couldnt figure out what to do next. This was at about 11:30 pm and Cassandra was over chatting after a long day of building and painting at the store. She wisely told me to go to bed and come back to the page in the morning. So in the morning I came back to my desk only to find that little miss Emery had stamped on the circle paper!!! Remember I stiched it on the page...so there was no taking it off. Therefore her lovely picture had to go right over her "artwork". Although I was frusterated that she got into my stuff, it actually turned out pretty well. (Mike had told me to put the picture there originally, he's a scrapper at heart). I did however have to find a way to cover the straight edge of the circle...hence the ton of ribbon. Well, thats my adventure for the day...off to let the kids play in their new sandbox...Mike bought us a laptop...so soon I can blog in the back yard while they play away!!! Fun stuff!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

What a stinker! Although the layout turned out great! Have fun playing in the sand ... I'm off to boost the economy at Target and the Mac store :)

Shannon said...

Sherry, no that was a coinsidence

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest page and what a cute story how it came about with the "help" of Eme!

Love,

Mom Snyder