Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Summer Toes


I woke up this morning feeling stressed out...it took me a few minutes to figure out why I was feeling that way. Summer Time is almost over. And with the end of Summer comes a busy season of life in our house. Starting with BIRTHDAYS!! Mikes, Emery's, and Tys. And I have something inside of me that insist that I throw a big bash for the kids every year even though I tell myself after its all over, that I dont have to do it next year. O'well, the kids will remember having fun birthday parties...and that's what Im going for. End of Summer also means that Mike goes back to working 5 days...and then there's Football. Bulldogs on Friday nights, and Cougars on Saturdays. Dont get me wrong, I love football season...but it get's busy! I am adding another element to my life this fall. SCHOOL! Little Emery starts Pre-school in September. I cant believe it. She is so excited.
So although the fall is my favorite season, I think I will miss the lazy summer days. I wont however miss the Allergies...off to put drops in my eyes...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It isn't fair. I thought summer just started and in reality, it's almost over.

Now, I know you're probably thinking.... How can she complain when she had two summers in a row (coming from a New Zealand summer into a California summer).... But trust me, I didn't get outside that much this summer. I was the whitest Kerr at the family reunion this year.

I'm really a summer person, so I'll have to find things to look forward to so I can make it thru the winter. The first thing I have to look forward to is seeing all the Snyder's in Seattle for the labor day weekend :-) (though technically that will be the last of our summer)

Tracy said...

Shanny, I hear you! I can't believe our summer is almost over either. But, I too love the fall! (Fall means birthdays for us TOO!!! Yeah!) I can't wait to see a pic of Eme's first day of school :)

Jana said...

Again....LOVE the toesies pic & love your blog too! I plan to check back often. My oldest son is beginning football this year in the 7th grade so this is going to be a whole new experience for us!!
Hugs,Jana