Monday, August 01, 2005

My Girls!

(edited 8/17, had to take the layout down for a while...it will be published in the Janurary issue of Simple Scrapbooks Magazine. I will repost it once it is published.)

This is a layout I did for Casandra to use as a sample in her store when it opens this weekend. I am also trying to work on journaling with my own handwriting. I think the layout looks better in person than on screen, but still wanted to share. Here is how the journaling reads:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I always thought I wanted more boys than girls. I thought it would be easier. I cant imagine life without my girls. I know between the mix of personalities, hormones, and attitudes life should be an adventure ahead of us. (poor daddy and ty)
Here are a few things you should know. I am first your mom. With that comes discipline, nurturing and lots of advise. I love you two so much and I will fight for you when necessary. I too was once a girl (not so long ago) I have gone through maybe everything you will go through. So no matter how old and “out of Date” you may think I am, I understand you. I know what it feels like to have friends hurt you, but on the same hand I have tasted the richness of true friendship. I know how it feels to fall in love, and to have your heart broken, or to have to break a heart. When you ask me “how will I know if he is the “One”? Believe me when I say “you will just know” I know how scary it is to start making decisions for yourself, and inevitably make mistakes. And I know how it feels to have a mom hold my hand through it all. So remember I will be that mom who holds your hand when your friends hurt you, when you don’t make the team, when you have your first kiss or first fight, when you find the one God has set apart for you, and when you feel the pain and sure joy of childbirth. I LOVE MY GIRLS! I have been there, done that! So trust in me and lean on me, so we can truly share this adventure together.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWSERS! This is awesome! You Go Journaling Queen!

Anonymous said...

Wow Shany! I didnt know I would shed some tears! You are amazing and what touching words for your girls to read someday! All so true!
Love, Leslie

Tracy said...

What a great mom you are Shan. Those girls (and those boys) are lucky to have you in their lives. You are truly an amazing woman!

Anonymous said...

Shannon you are an awesome mom. . . I got all teary eyed reading this beautiful message. What lucky kids to have a mom like you! And a pretty neat dad too!!

Love,

Mom Snyder

Anonymous said...

Shan~
That was amazing. What a great idea to put your ideas onto a scrapbook page like that. They will surely treasure it forever and when they are teenage girls...you can re-read it for inspiration too :)

If there were more moms like you in the world we would have more joy. Thank you for making the world better!
love you, Lisa